Focus and Scope
The Latin American Research Review publishes original research in Latin American, Caribbean, and Latina/Latino studies that engages these fields critically and redefines them. LARR seeks research that advances innovative theories and approaches, has broad substantive implications for the region, engages with interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary scholarship, and is accessible to a general academic readership.
LARR publishes articles in the humanities and social sciences, including the following fields:
- Anthropology: race, social movements, development, social projects, migration, education, economy, labor, state reforms, public policy, poverty, cultural politics, cultural criticism. We value research articles with innovative applications of ethnography and conceptual breadth.
- Economics: development, international trade and finance, public finance, labor, institutions, human and social capital, natural resources, biodiversity, measures of well-being, poverty, inequality, productivity, mobility, discrimination, and cooperation. We value innovative theoretical and empirical analyses with clear policy implications.
- History: all topics on colonial and modern Latin America, including its diaspora. We value deeply researched articles accessible to our wide readership as well as essays based on secondary sources that rethink key historical processes, events, or issues.
- Literature and cultural studies: literary analysis and theory; cultural criticism; formal and discursive analysis of texts from all periods; visual and sonic representations; artistic, popular and media representation; studies of class, race, gender, sexuality, trans studies; subaltern, colonial, postcolonial, and decolonial approaches.
- Politics and international relations: institutions, political behavior, democratization, social and public policy, political economy, domestic and international security, regional integration, and foreign policy. We value experimental, statistical, and small-N research designs.
- Sociology: social institutions and processes, social movements and collective action, social inequalities and social stratification, globalization, historical sociology, sociology of gender.
LARR is published four times a year in March, June, September, and December.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Authors of articles published remain the copyright holders and grant third parties the right to use, reproduce, and share the article according to the Creative Commons license agreement.
LARR is indexed by more than 100 catalog services, including the Social Sciences Citation Index (ISI - Thomson Reuters), Scopus (Elsevier), MLA International Bibliography, Hispanic American Periodicals Index (HAPI), Academic Search Premier (EBSCOhost), Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale), ArticleFirst (OCLC), the International Political Science Abstracts Database (Ovid), and the Arts & Humanities Database (ProQuest).
LARR’s 2018 Scopus CiteScore is 0.74. The journal is at the 97% (#18/736) of Literature and Literary Theory journals.
The journal’s publisher, LASA/LARC, focuses on making content discoverable and accessible through indexing services. Content is also archived around the world to ensure long-term availability.
LARC journals are indexed by the following services:
If the journal is not indexed by your preferred service, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively by making an indexing request directly with the service.
The journal only displays advertisements that are of relevance to its scope and will be of interest to the readership. The editor, publisher and the Association have the right to decline advertisements.
Ads can be submitted at any time and will be posted on the website 1 week post receiving payment.
All files need to be in .jpg or .png. An accurate URL to any webpage you wish to link to must also be submitted.
Only 3 Ads are permitted at a time. The Ads will be posted on a first come, first serve basis and once their month/s expire, the next Ad in line will be posted.
Click here to download the advertising insertion order form. To reserve your ad space, please fill out the ad insertion order form and return it to LASA via e-mail (email@example.com) or fax (412-624-7145).
4 in x 3 in,
4 in x 3 in,
4 in x 3 in,